Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Getting OVER Ourselves

I don’t know about you but I’m robbed carte blanche every time I’m ‘locked’ into myself. Let me explain further...

Whenever I succumb to the ‘poor me’s’ I’m quite nonchalantly unaware of the very good things that are happening ever so presently—whoosh, over they go at 35,000 feet! We too easily polarise our negative hours and days, not seeing that most of these things are merely tricks to make us stumble into the pride of self-pity.

These are the issues that upset us, for we’re never upset generally unless we’ve lost sight of the good things in the mix of the bad. Call it a loss of perspective.

We’re better than that, if we’re aware of this propensity. Surely the greatest gift we can give ourselves, ever, is to retain or regain our perspective.

Just as easily we can resist the subterfuge and go on beyond our own selfish conception of things, getting over ourselves in an instant.

Find a mirror. Laugh at yourself.

Then resolve to move on, past the emotion, finding the truth wherever it might lie.

A place called “Here & Now” beckons.

© 2010 S. J. Wickham.

No comments:

Post a Comment